Overall, Christians are givers who believe in using their money and other things to help those who are in need.
But do you know that in the Bible, you can find 12 key things God wants you to do with money?
One of the things that is very clear throughout the scriptures is this: God wants you to help your fellow Christians and others in their times of trouble, just as He helps you in your time of trouble.
The objective of this post is to provide you with many of the Bible money verses about what God wants you to do with money. Bear in mind that there are lot more Biblical principles about money than we have listed in this post.
We hope this list gives you solid information on what God wants you to do with money. So let’s get started.
Disclosure: Make Money Online Best Tools is supported by its audience. Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means that if you click on a link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
1. To Enjoy and Care for Your Family
1 Timothy 6:17 Good News Bible (GNB).
1 Timothy 5:8 (GNB).
2. To Do Good Deeds
2 Corinthians 9:8 (GNB)
1 Timothy 6:18 (GNB).
3. To Be Generous
2 Corinthians 9:9 (GNB).
Psalms 112:5 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV).
2 Corinthians 9:11 (GNB).
4. To be Ready to Share
Hebrews 13:16 International Children’s Bible (ICB).
Proverbs 22:9 (GNB).
5. To Help Other Christians
Acts 2:44-45 (GNB).
Acts 4:32 (GNB).
Galatians 6:2 (GNB).
1 John 3:17-18 (GNB).
6. To Share With Those Who Teach You What God Says
Galatians 6:6 (GNB).
1 Corinthians 9:14 (GNB).
7. To Help the Poor Including Widows and Orphans
Deuteronomy 15:7-8 (ICB).
Deuteronomy 15:10-11 (ICB).
Proverbs 14:21 (GNB).
Proverbs 19:17 (GNB).
Proverbs 28:27 (GNB).
Romans 15:26 (ICB).
8. To Plan, Save, Manage and Budget
Proverbs 21:5 (GNB).
Luke 14:28-30 (GNB).
Luke 16:10-11 (ICB).
9. To Invest for a Profit
Ecclesiastes 11:2 (GNB).
Matthew 25:14-29 (ICB).
14. “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who was going to another place for a visit. Before he left, he talked with his servants. The man told them to take care of his things while he was gone.
15. He decided how much each servant would be able to care for. He gave one servant five bags of money. He gave another servant two bags of money. And he gave a third servant one bag of money. Then the man left.
16. The servant who got five bags went quickly to invest the money. The five bags of money earned five more.
17. It was the same with the servant who had two bags of money. He invested the money and earned two more.
18. But the servant who got one bag of money went out and dug a hole in the ground. Then he hid his master’s money in the hole.
19. After a long time the master came home. He asked the servants what they did with his money.
20. The servant who got five bags of money brought five more bags to the master. The servant said, ‘Master, you trusted me to care for five bags of money. So I used your five bags to earn five more.’
21. The master answered, ‘You did well. You are a good servant who can be trusted. You did well with small things. So I will let you care for much greater things. Come and share my happiness with me.’
22. Then the servant who got two bags of money came to the master. The servant said, ‘Master, you gave me two bags of money to care for. So I used your two bags to earn two more.’
23. The master answered, ‘You did well. You are a good servant who can be trusted. You did well with small things. So I will let you care for much greater things. Come and share my happiness with me.’
24. Then the servant who got one bag of money came to the master. The servant said, ‘Master, I knew that you were a hard man. You harvest things you did not plant. You gather crops where you did not sow any seed.
25. So I was afraid. I went and hid your money in the ground. Here is the bag of money you gave me.’
26. The master answered, ‘You are a bad and lazy servant! You say you knew that I harvest things I did not plant, and that I gather crops where I did not sow any seed?
27. So you should have put my money in the bank. Then, when I came home, I would get my money back with interest.’
28. So the master told his other servants, ‘Take the bag of money from that servant and give it to the servant who has ten bags of money.
29. Everyone who uses what he has will get more. He will have much more than he needs. But the one who does not use what he has will have everything taken away from him.’
10. To Pay Your Taxes
Matthew 22:17-21 (GNB).
17. ” ‘Tell us, then, what do you think? Is it against our Law to pay taxes to the Roman Emperor, or not?’
18. Jesus, however, was aware of their evil plan, and so he said, ‘You hypocrites! Why are you trying to trap me?
19. Show me the coin for paying the tax!’ They brought him the coin,
20. and he asked them, ‘Whose face and name are these?’
21. ‘The Emperor’s,’ they answered. So Jesus said to them, ‘Well, then, pay to the Emperor what belongs to the Emperor, and pay to God what belongs to God.’ “
Romans 13:7 (GNB).
11. To Leave an Inheritance for Your Children and Grandchildren
Proverbs 13:22 (GNB).
Ecclesiastes 5:13-14 (GNB).
12. To Lend to Others
Matthew 5:42 (GNB).
Luke 6:34-35 (GNB).
Our Lord Jesus gave us these instructions:
- Feed the hungry
- Provide water for the thirsty
- Care for the homeless
- Provide clothing for the naked
- Care for the sick
- Help those in prison
He said that whenever we do these things for one of the least important of His brothers and sisters, it is the same as doing it for Him.
He also said that we will be rewarded with an inheritance in the Kingdom of Heaven, which God has prepared for us since the beginning of time.
Christians, you can plainly see that God wants you to use your money to help those who are in need.
Among this list of 12 key things God wants you to do with money, helping people who are in need is a vital key to making God happy.
Please use the Twitter links above to share the scriptures with others.
You may also contact us to find out more about God and money, as well as what God wants you to do with your money.
May our Lord’s richest blessings be yours!