To answer the question, we must point out to you what the Bible says about ownership of all things, including the money you work for. This is the purpose of this post. Nothing more.
Disclosure: Make Money Online Best Tools is supported by its audience. Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links.’ This means that if you click on a link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
The Bible says in Haggai 2:8,
The word of God goes on to say,
And Psalms 50:12 tells us that the earth and everything in it belong to God.
Yes, God is the real owner of everything that belongs to you. And by everything we mean you, your life, your possessions, and your money. So you can see it is clear that who really owns your money is, God!
You may then ask, what about the scriptures about money that talk about honoring the Lord with the best of our possessions?
Well, scripture must balance scripture. Although there are many Bible money verses that refer to possessions, the underlying premise to understand is that everything belongs to God.
We are just tools or vessels through which the Lord funnels money through for His purposes.
David said it beautifully in his prayer of dedication of the possessions he and the people of Israel brought for the building of God’s temple. 1 Chronicles 29:10-14 says,
10. “David praised the Lord in front of all the people who were gathered. He said:
‘We praise you, Lord. You are the God of our father Israel. We praise you forever and ever.
11. Lord, you are great and powerful. You have glory, victory and honor. Everything in heaven and on earth belongs to you. The kingdom belongs to you, Lord. You are ruler over everything.
12. Riches and honor come from you. You rule everything. You have the power and strength to make anyone great and strong.
13. Now, our God, we thank you. And we praise your glorious name.
14. These things did not really come from me and my people. Everything comes from you. We have given back what you gave us.’ ” (ICB).
Then David said,
16. “Lord our God, we have gathered all this to build your Temple. We will build it for worship to you. But everything has come from you. Everything belongs to you.” 1 Chronicles 29:16 (ICB).
Yes, everything belongs to God and He gave human beings authority over the earth. In short, God has given us the right to rule and take dominion over the earth.
Yes! His word says so in Psalms 115:16,
Now, here is what David said in Psalms 8:3-8:
3. “When I look at the sky, which you have made, at the moon and the stars, which you set in their places —
4. what are human beings, that you think of them; mere mortals, that you care for them?
5. Yet you made them inferior only to yourself; you crowned them with glory and honor.
6. You appointed them ruler over everything you made; you placed them over all creation:
7. sheep and cattle, and the wild animals too;
8. the birds and the fish and the creatures in the seas.” (GNB).
A foremost and most important godly principle for daily living and running a business is to acknowledge that you own nothing. Everything you have, that is, relationships, children, skills, knowledge, all your possessions including your personal finances, belong to God.
He has simply placed whatever you have in your possession to manage, care for and be stewards of on His behalf. You are a tool in God’s hands.
It is our prayer that the objective of this post on ‘do you know who really owns your money’, has helped you think the way God wants you to think about the money He gives you.
We encourage you to read related posts below. They will help you find out more things about God and money and what God wants you to do with money.
May our Lord’s richest blessings be yours!