Bible verses about not giving up can be found throughout scripture.
No matter what you’re going through, God wants you to keep fighting. He will give you the strength to stand firm and not give up.
The Bible verses in this article about not giving up will encourage and uplift you in tough times. So, hold onto hope, because with God all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26).
The verses will also remind you that no matter what challenges you face in life, you should never give up because God is always with you. You can trust that He will never abandon you or leave you alone.
In this post, we will be covering the following areas of not giving up listed below.
If there is a specific section you want to skip ahead to, just click on the name to get to it.
All Bible verses are quoted from the International Children’s Bible (ICB) or the Good News Bible (GNB).
The areas we will cover are:
Bible Verses About Not Giving Up on God
The following Bible verses about not giving up will remind you that no matter what you are facing in life, you should not give up on God.
He is always with you, even if you do not realize it, and He knows what you are going through. So, when life gets tough, hold on to your faith in God and trust that He has a plan for you.
Psalms 31:24 (GNB)
Be strong, be courageous, all you that hope in the Lord.
Matthew 19:26 (ICB)
Jesus looked at them and said, “For men this is impossible. But for God all things are possible.”
2 Corinthians 4:1 (ICB)
God, with his mercy, gave us this work to do. So we don’t give up.
Galatians 6:9 (ICB)
We must not become tired of doing good. We will receive our harvest of eternal life at the right time. We must not give up!
Hebrews 3:6 (GNB)
But Christ is faithful as the Son in charge of God’s house. We are his house if we keep up our courage and our confidence in what we hope for.
Hebrews 3:12-14 (GNB)
12. My friends, be careful that none of you have a heart so evil and unbelieving that you will turn away from the living God.
13. Instead, in order that none of you be deceived by sin and become stubborn, you must help one another every day, as long as the word “Today” in the scripture applies to us.
14. For we are all partners with Christ if we hold firmly to the end the confidence we had at the beginning.
Hebrews 10:23 (GNB)
Let us hold on firmly to the hope we profess, because we can trust God to keep his promise.
Revelation 3:5 (GNB)
Those who win the victory will be clothed like this in white, and I will not remove their names from the book of the living. In the presence of my Father and of his angels I will declare openly that they belong to me.
Bible Verses About Not Giving Up in Hard Times and During Trials
The Bible is full of verses about not giving up, even in the face of trials and difficult times.
Even though the situation you are facing may be difficult, you should never give up on your belief in God.
In times of trial, remember these Bible verses about not giving up. Keep fighting and standing on the word of God.
Proverbs 24:16 (ICB)
A good man may be bothered by trouble seven times, but he does not give up.
But the wicked are overwhelmed by trouble.
John 16:33 (ICB)
I told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world you will have trouble. But be brave! I have defeated the world!
Romans 12:12 (GNB)
Let your hope keep you joyful, be patient in your troubles, and pray at all times.
Hebrews 12:1-3 (GNB)
1. As for us, we have this large crowd of witnesses around us. So then, let us rid ourselves of everything that gets in the way, and of the sin which holds on to us so tightly, and let us run with determination the race that lies before us.
2. Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from beginning to end. He did not give up because of the cross! On the contrary, because of the joy that was waiting for him, he thought nothing of the disgrace of dying on the cross, and he is now seated at the right side of God’s throne.
3. Think of what he went through; how he put up with so much hatred from sinners! So do not let yourselves become discouraged and give up.
James 1:2-4 (GNB)
2. My friends, consider yourselves fortunate when all kinds of trials come your way,
3. for you know that when your faith succeeds in facing such trials, the result is the ability to endure.
4. Make sure that your endurance carries you all the way without failing, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.
Revelation 2:2-3 (ICB)
2. I know what you do. You work hard, and you never give up. I know that you do not accept evil people. You have tested those who say that they are apostles but really are not. You found that they are liars.
3. You continue to serve me. You have suffered troubles for my name, and you have not given up.
Revelation 2:10-11 (ICB)
10. Do not be afraid of what will happen to you. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you. You will suffer for ten days. But be faithful, even if you have to die. If you are faithful, I will give you the crown of life.
11. Everyone who has ears should listen to what the Spirit says to the churches. He who wins the victory will not be hurt by the second death.
Bible Verses About Not Giving Up, But Be Strong and Stand Firm
If you don’t want to give up, what do you need to do?
Simply put, you need to be strong and stand firm. In Ephesians 6:13-14, the Bible tells us to put on the full armor of God so that we can stand against the attacks of the devil. And after fighting to the end, we will still hold our ground and stand firm.
The following Bible verses about not giving up in the midst of all sorts of difficulties, will help you to remain strong and stand firm as a loyal soldier of Christ Jesus.
Deuteronomy 31:6 (ICB)
Be strong and brave. Don’t be afraid of them. Don’t be frightened. The Lord your God will go with you. He will not leave you or forget you.
Joshua 1:9 (ICB)
Remember that I commanded you to be strong and brave. So don’t be afraid. The Lord your God will be with you everywhere you go.
2 Chronicles 15:7 (ICB)
But you should be strong. Don’t give up, because you will get a reward for your good work.
Isaiah 41:10 (GNB)
Do not be afraid — I am with you! I am your God — let nothing terrify you! I will make you strong and help you; I will protect you and save you.
Matthew 10:22 (ICB)
All people will hate you because you follow me. But the person who continues strong until the end will be saved.
Matthew 24:10-13 (ICB)
10. At that time, many who believe will lose their faith. They will turn against each other and hate each other.
11. Many false prophets will come and cause many people to believe false things.
12. There will be more and more evil in the world. So most people will stop showing their love for each other.
13. But the person who continues to be strong until the end will be saved.
1 Corinthians 10:13 (ICB)
The only temptations that you have are the temptations that all people have. But you can trust God. He will not let you be tempted more than you can stand. But when you are tempted, God will also give you a way to escape that temptation. Then you will be able to stand it.
1 Corinthians 15:58 (ICB)
So my dear brothers, stand strong. Do not let anything move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord. You know that your work in the Lord is never wasted.
1 Corinthians 16:13 (ICB)
Be careful. Continue strong in the faith. Have courage, and be strong.
Philippians 4:13 (ICB)
I can do all things through Christ because he gives me strength.
Hebrews 10:35-36 (ICB)
35. So do not lose the courage that you had in the past. It has a great reward.
36. You must hold on, so you can do what God wants and receive what he has promised.
James 1:12 (ICB)
When a person is tempted and still continues strong, he should be happy. After he has proved his faith, God will reward him with life forever. God promised this to all people who love him.
Bible Verses About Not Giving Up Even When You’re Weary
The Bible is full of verses that encourage you to persevere even when you are weary.
These Bible verses about not giving up and others like them, offer you a powerful message of hope and encouragement.
Even when you are tired and tempted to give up, you must never lose sight of your goal.
Isaiah 40:29 (ICB)
The Lord gives strength to those who are tired. He gives more power to those who are weak.
Luke 18:1 (ICB)
Then Jesus used this story to teach his followers that they should always pray and never lose hope.
2 Corinthians 4:16 (ICB)
So we do not give up. Our physical body is becoming older and weaker, but our spirit inside us is made new every day.
2 Thessalonians 3:13 (GNB)
But you, friends, must not become tired of doing good.
Hebrews 6:10 (ICB)
God is fair. He will not forget the work you did and the love you showed for him by helping his people. And he will remember that you are still helping them.
No matter what you might be going through, God has a message of hope for you.
If you’re feeling discouraged, take some time to read through and meditate on these Bible verses about not giving up. Reflect on how they can apply to your life.
You don’t have to face your challenges alone – God is with you every step of the way.
If this article was helpful to you, please share it with others who might benefit from it, and be sure to check out our other blog posts here.
Also, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below or send us a message. We will be glad to hear from you.
God bless you!